top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

We encourage patients to ask questions before during and after their procedures. Here are some of the most common questions we receive

"What is the difference between an Otolaryngologist and a Rhinologist?"

Simply put, a Rhinologist is a doctor who has specialized in a subspecialty. A Rhinologist is a board-certified Otolaryngologist (Ear, Nose and Throat Physician) who has successfully completed fellowship training in the field of rhinology and skull base surgery.

"When should you consult with and ENT?"

Conditions of the ear for which you need to visit an ENT specialist are hearing impairment, ringing in the ear (tinnitus), ear infections, pain in the ear, ear disorders that affect your balance etc. Dr. Florea can also treat congenital problems of ears, and ear lobes.

"What will an ENT do on my first visit?"

This is when Dr. Florea will find out, through conversation, about your medical history, including details about your current health, the reason for the visit, current and recent symptoms, as well as any other applicable information. After this, Dr. Florea will perform a physical examination to determine a diagnosis.

"What are the symptoms of Ear Nose and Throat infections?"

Symptoms of Ear, Nose and Throat Infections

  • Ear infections can cause earache, wax or discharge, hearing loss and balance problems.

  • Nose infections are likely to cause a runny or blocked nose and sneezing. ...

  • Throat infections can cause a sore or scratchy throat and pain or difficulty swallowing.

"Should you see an ENT regularly?"

You may need to see an ear, nose, and throat doctor if you have an ear disorder or condition, such as hearing impairment, ear infections, disorders that affect balance, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), or pain in your ear. ENT specialists can also treat congenital disorders of the ear (disorders you were born with)

"What kind of procedures do ENT's do for sinuses?"

There are a few procedures Dr. Florea can conduct. On is Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) is used to improve nasal drainage and open up the nasal passageways. To perform this outpatient procedure, your doctor uses an endoscope (a small probe with a camera on the end) to enter your sinuses and remove problematic tissues and diseased sinus mucosa.

"Do ENT doctors look at lymph nodes?"

Swollen lymph nodes (or glands) may need to be treated by an ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialist. Chronic swelling of the lymph nodes can be a sign of a serious problem. Because of his highly specialized training, Dr. Florea will see if you have any symptoms of concern.

"Can ENT doctors diagnose my snoring or nose breathing problems?"

Yes! Dr. Florea have numerous ways to diagnose and treat your breathing problems associated with the nose and upper airway so you can function well and get on with your daily life.

bottom of page